Monday, September 29, 2008

Farewell My Beloved




It seems just like yesterday that the moon was sighted and your light shone upon us all.
Wasn’t it just yesterday that the nights seemed to be more peaceful and calm, so welcoming with open arms imploring me to awake from my sleep and benefit from the glorious mercy of my Lord?
Others celebrate with joy rightly so as the blessed day of Eid has arrived yet I feel some what solemn, sad because my beloved has left me yet again for another long year.
My body and soul had become accustomed to your fulfilling, blessed and spiritually cleansing days and my heart longed and continues to long for your ever so tranquil, mysterious and blissful nights.
I know not when the night of power was but I am certain it has left us behind and will not return for another long year.
Confusion arises at whether the moon has been sighted or not and at first I am disturbed by the so called early sighting of the crescent but then my heart rests and says… it may bring the return of my beloved one day closer so Alhamdulillah for what may be a blessing in disguise.
Farewell my beloved for your return I pray I am alive and here to welcome you with a humble heart and the sincere devotion you deserve ameen.

Umber Alam
(Umm Yaqub)


No comments: