Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Trust!


Subhana'Allah this ayah of the Qur'an to me seems so powerful! I am not a scholar of tafseer but its one of those ayahs when you read it you stop and think woah! I wish I had the ability to do so with every ayah I read insha'Allah with time ill get there! I was wondering if anyone has read any tafseer on this ayah in particular? Im going to look it up later when I get a chance insh'Allah... The Heavens and the Earth and the Mountains refused the 'trust' but we have taken it on!! What could this trust be?? Is it the message of Islam... if so are we taking care of it as a trustee should do. I mean do we take care of our own Islam meaning to we live, breath and do our every day practises in accordance to the Quran and Sunnah, do we aid our families in doing so, do we help spread the true message of Islam to our communities by being role model Muslims??? When asked about the character of the Prophet (saw), Aisha (ra) replied it was the Qur'an meaning he acted upon the commands of Allah and refrained from what Allah had forbidded... the Qur'an is a text for us to live our lives by.... the prophet (saw) acted that out as an example to us all at his time and for all times! If this ayah is referring to the message of Allah the final message of Allah our creator to Mankind Al Islam and then we are the trustees lets take care of it as we should do as the prophet (saw) did. Lets worship our creator in all ways from the moment we wake till we go to sleep. We can do this in sooo many ways... praising Allah, being good to people, when we see something in creation which astounds us remember it came from Allah and so praise Him, when we receive something nice remember its by the Will of Allah and its a blessing from Him so praise Him, when we accomplish anything good remember we only did so by the permission from Allah as He is the One who allowed us to do so praise Allah as He is most deserving... when you fall into sin remember its only Allah who can forgive so turn to Him alone and sincerely repent verily Allah loves to forgive His slaves!
Subhana'Allah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Although it's taken me until now to respond, I did read your post yesterday and yes it is very interesting, masha'Allah. So much so that I trundled straight off to the Qur'an to look it up. My next port of call was the dictionary (Hans Wehr)where AMANAH is defined as "reliability, trustworthiness, loyalty, faithfulness, fidelity, fealty, integrity, honesty, confidence, trust, good faith, deposition in trust, trusteeship."
Wow, that's a lot to live up to. Maybe I can use this ramadhan to improve myself, insha'Allah.

Umm Yaqub Bilal said...

Masha'Allah and Jazaka'Allahu Khayr for that sis! Wow your right that is alot to live up to those qualities really do sum up the character of a Muslim quite nicely and insha'Allah I deff need to try much harder to encompass all of them! Ramadan sounds like a good idea to me to boost insha'Allah!