Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Patience is Beautiful!

Im sure have all heard the saying 'Patience is beautiful' but how many of us have actually thought about that saying? Well the other day I really thought about it and let me explain why!

About 2 weeks ago I had a bad car accident where a woman who said she was confused drove straight into the side of my car bashing my whole door in so much so that I can no longer open it from the outside. As you can imagine that really shook me up... here I am driving nicely down the road and suddenly whammmm a woman driving in the opposite direction suddenly decides she wants to turn her car around and smacks straight into the side of mine. From the corner of my eyes I suddenly see this van drive straight into me and my little pegeot.

Anyways Allah is so kind that we all came out unhurt and alhamdulillah most importantly I went to the hopital to check up with the midwife and to see if baby inside was still ok and Alhamdulillah turns out its a tough little cookie as it was fine with the Mercy and Care of Allah alhamdulillah! My little nephew in the back of the car was also ok alhamdulillah and for some reason found the whole incident quite amusing he must have thought it was like bumper cars or something!

Anyways back to why Patience is beautiful. My insurance company have given me a hired car to use while my car is being fixed up. Now anyone who knows me should know that although alhamdulillah I can drive and I love cars I dont actually like to drive them much especially new ones I am not used to.

The insurance company gave me a brand new Ford Focus which is literally brand new having done only 30 miles. Although my husband is over the moon and loves being the experienced driver that he is masha'Allah I was not so.

Firstly I was already nervous from the crash and still a bit shaken up let alone having to get used to a new car where I have to get used to a new clutch, biting point etc. Anyways the other day I braved it up and decided to drive it around a bit to get used to it. Its a much wider and bigger car than my little old banger and as its new its very smooth so it feels like the car is in control of you rather than you being in control of the car. lol. With my pegeot everything was quite stiff which may not be normal but its the only car Ive ever really driven so thats all im used to and when you drive it as its stiff you feel as if you are in control etc.

So here I am driving this new car up a hill when I stop at a traffic light and lo and behold my car stalls. I think to myself 'Oh no great now im gonna roll back and hit the car benind or if not that im gonna hold everyone one up in my lane and annoy everyone'. I look in my mirror and see that the woman behind me is not bothered as she has just stopped in the road to let passengers out of her car so she doesnt mind that im not moving and she doesnt mind that there are people behind her also. I remember thinking 'Oh phewww at least she looks pleasant hopefully she will bare with my new driving' ...... How wrong could I have been????? As soon as she had let the pple out of her car she obviously wanted to get going which is only natural.
I had my hazzard lights on to show that there was somthing wrong and that im not just stopped for fun enjoying holding everyone up. So I re-started my car again and managed to stall again. Anyways this lady who looked quite pleasant as she was waiting behind me now decided to switch lanes (fare enough even I would have) and drive on. However while doing so she slowed down to look at me scowling and cursing pulling the most im sorry to say most horrific face which actually looked quite frightening as if she was a demon from a horror movie. I thought about it after as the look on her face was so ugly that it really made me think...What had changed from the pleasant looking lady to this hideous monster driving past????.... the answer is Patience she had lost her patience and had become ugly! Im not trying to be nasty to her im just being honest and it was a great lesson for myself teaching me that patience really is beautiful in so many ways and this is one of them. So next time im about to lose my cool I shall remember the look on her face and insha'Allah think twice before turning into the monster she did!

So for those of you who are behing a driver who may be slowing you down remember that it may not be their fault as im sure they dont like to be stuck in the middle of the road any more than you do and instead make dua that Allah makes it easy for them to continue their journey insha'Allah by doing so may the beauty of patience shine from your faces ameen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that post, with it's wisdom. You know this is such a blessing because it's the manifestation of the signs of the Qu'ran in our every day lives! In surah Yusuf (as) when Yacoub (as) has a 'beautiful patience', you actully had the oppourtunity to experience this ayah in your life, and jazakullah khairun for sharing it with those of us who did not have the same experience or realisation. However the signs are everywhere, it's about how keen our eyes and hearts are to it. Thank you.

Umm Yaqub Bilal said...

Baraka'Allahu feek my lovely! its so true what you say that signs or Allah found int he Quran are everywhere! The Qur'an is the most complete guide ever sent to mankind and if knew how to or even attempted to try and read deeper into the ayahs and use them in our every day lives our lives or ummah would be so much better off! May Allah give us all the ability to do so ameen!