Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Famine Vs Dieting!!!




Hmmm an interesting title! It occured to me yesterday how strange this concept is! In some parts of the world we have humans who are paying hundereds of £ or $ some times even thousands to lose weight be it by eating less, buying low fat recipie books, joining the gym, getting a personal trainer and even having surgery to remove unwanted fat from their bodies! On the other hand we have humans across the world who are dying of hunger and thirst who when they eat a few mouthfulls wonder if those are the last mouthfulls that shall ever enter their mouths and bodies as they know not where their next meal (if you can call it that) will come from or if it will come at all! And then when food or water is found they eat and drink not knowing where it has been if it is clean and if eating it will do them more harm than good!




Just yesterday I was saying to myself I need to gain more self control when it comes to eating yummy scrummy foods and then just like that while I was walking between the door way of my kitchen and passage it hit me Subhana'Allah here I am praying for self control on eating all this food I have available to me and others are praying and begging God for just a few mouthfulls to feed themselves and their dying children!

Let us not forget those who are less fortunate than ourselves those who spend days in constant involuntary fasting, those who are forced to hear their children cry night and day out of hunger and thirst and all the while knowing they can do nothing about it and let us all thank God for everything He has given us for the Mercy He has bestowed upon us and for the favours He continues to shower upon us let us remember Him and praise Him often as He is Most Deserving!

No comments: