Thursday, January 25, 2007

Brother Imran Saithna!

Today is the Janaza, Funeral of someone who should be an inspiration for us all! A young, devoted Muslim who was dedicated in helping others, caring for others, feeling for others when it seemed no one else would, someone who put everyone else first and if there was room his needs at the end his name is Imran Saithna!

He was known, admired and loved my many infact almost everyone who met could not help but have a likening for him as he would always greet everyone, the young, the old, Muslims and non Muslims with a warm greeting and a gentle smile.

He is one of those people who you can truly say spent a good amount of time of his youth although he has also died in his youth late 20s in the way of Islam and pleasing Allah!

Many will remember him from days in a college in London called Harrow College where he fought almost single handedly to aquire a prayer room for the muslims students, and how he worled hard on buiding up the Islamic Society there. Others will remember him for numerous events he helped organise, others still will remember him for working on the Muslim Youth Helpline, others far away in Kashmir will remember him for flying out there after the devasatating earthquake so that he could help those in need... others will remember him for many things which I could go on and on about.... he will be missed as a brother, a friend, a carer for humanity a doer of good and mostly he will be missed as a son.

He was one of those people that would help others and even after leaving them they would stay on his mind eating his brain trying to find the best solution for their problems. He was such an empathatic person that seeing others in pain or distress would leave him distressed and concerned for weeks after until he knew they were ok. A clear demonstration of this is his visit to Kashmir when even after he returned here he would constantly think about those he had left behind.

He recently went on Hajj and only arrived back here weeks before death came upon him I pray that Allah accepted his hajj and grants him among the highest place in Jannah ameen.

Today is his Janaza infact as I type this up the his funeral prayer is due to take place in roughly half an hour and due to circumstances I was unable to attend although I wish so much I could have.

Many of you read this many not have known him but I ask you all to pray for him and his family who have suffered a great loss!

Imran himself had his own blog which I must say is far more inspirational and interesting that this one here. I recommend you all to go through it there is plenty of material on it to keep you busy for time to come.

Infact in his first ever post he wrote he mentions how that maybe one day after he has gone his blog may prove to be an inspiration for others SUBHANALLAH. I have no doubt that it will do exactly that... I have pasted his first post below...

Monday, July 14, 2003

I begin in the Name of Allah the Most Beneficent the Most Merciful
I guess i am starting this blog on the recommendation of a good friend, with the intention of keeping a journal of the things that touch me and affect my life. Who knows that maybe once i am gone, it will be a source of inspiration for those i leave behind, insha'Allah

GEM aka Ibn Abdul Qayum

http://www.my-life-in-my-words.blogspot.com/

Im sure there are many people who could on about how this young brother affected their lives. He also loved to write poetry an example of which ill end off with and many of which you can find on his blog.

Please remember our dear brother in all of your duas ameen.

Ruba’iyat XIX

I’ll take the blows upon my chin

I’ll rise, I’ll fight and I will win
I will be happy someday soon
I will leave behind this life of sin.

Smiling as I whistle and loosely croon
Living the beat of my new found tune
Tasting the elixir of the other side
A life with only patience hewn.

Remembering all the times I cried
Ashamed of all the lies I lied
I see a new dawn rising now
The beautiful sun my final bride.
Before my fate I humbly bow

The new fields afore I dutifully plough
Sowing my seeds to reap tomorrow
Word by word I renew my vow.

(by Imran Saithna (Allah have Mercy on him))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Umba, although I knew already that my darling sis was preggers mashaAllah!
I went to this br Imran's blog and it made me feel very sober, may Allah have mercy on him Ameen. What was the reason that he passed away, especially so young?

Umm Yaqub Bilal said...

Jazaka'Allahu Khayr My lovely!
He passed away in a tragic accident!
Please continue to make for him and his family insha'Allah!

Anonymous said...

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raj'iun

May Allah pour on him His infinate Mercy- expand his grave and pass him into Jannatul Firdous without account. Ameeen thumma Ameen.

Jazakullah khairun for letting everyone know Umba..

X

Anonymous said...

Bismillah

Praise be to Allah
Subhanallah, May my lord accept our brother and shower him in light and mercy.

I knew brother imran, I looked up to him as my big brother and i was only a kid and he was there for me when i needed him and i tried to be there when he needed someone. i would call him "little" and he'd call me a dazy and i'd say "i'm not a dazy i'm a rose"
Mashallah i did not hear from him for almost 3 years and it is only by the mercy of allah that on thursday (his janaza) i got an e mail saying Brother Imran passed away. By the will of Allah i got read the e mail too late and missed his janaza. Alhamdulilah my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

what made me smile after hearing the news was one time imran was really upset and I used to write poems and we'd share poems (i still have the folder with his name on it). i wrote a poem for him that day while i was talkin to him on msn and in the poem i said "if you died and had a janaza someone would be there, even if its one person" subhanallah. i really hope the masjid was full. Inshallah i'd like to share that poem i wrote for my brother . may allah take care of him as my brother took care of me, indeed even the smallest deeds count.

True Friends

Wrapped in a blanket of sorrow
Which lies to my inner self
Why am I so alone I ask
Where are those I love?
Do they not love me?

If I lift the veil from my heart
Will the true feelings show?
Will I see all I have done?
And all they have done?

A friend once told me
No one is really alone
If they died and had a janaza
Someone would be there
Even if its just one person

A friend is like rain purring
From it grow feelings
It provides comfort
And un-repayable friendship

Any one can be your friend
But its those that stick around
No matter what and stay
Those that don’t let words
Get in their way of showing
They care about u
They would still pray for you
Even if u was to die
And still think of you

They may not be there
When times r really hard
But Allah knows the reason
They could have been praying for u
For Allah to ease your pain
And grow from their seed
A fruit of kindness and joy
And your happiness
Would mean the world to them

Don’t worry about you hurting them
They spend time worrying about hurting you


May Allah protect us and keep us under his shade. May our Lord make our brother a shaheed, the reward and status of a shaheed is not small and inshallah may the most mercyful continue to guide and comfort his family and friends.

Your sister in Islam

Khadija Al Somalia